The Mara’s gentle fertile climate bounded by The Rift, offers an almost unlimited spectacle of wildlife set within 1672 sq kms. Herds of immense elephants can be seen along with lions, buffalo, thompson’s gazelle, Zebra, topi, leopard and rhino. In the Mara River pods of hippo wallow and huge crocodiles bask on the banks of the river waiting for the next prey to come along.
Typically during the months from July to September the annual wildebeest migration follow the rains north from Tanzania’s Serengeti up into the Mara and create one of the world’s greatest spectacles as they cross the river.
Getting to the Masai Mara and Ashnil
Located 268 kilometres west of Nairobi By Road: Appr. 4 ‐ 5 hours drive from Nairobi.
By Air: There are scheduled flights from Nairobi (45 min) and Mombasa (2 1/2 hours).
Major Attractions include.
- Annual migration of over one million wildebeests and thousands of zebras
- Host to an amazing concentration of wildlife
- Cultural tours to the Maasai villages
- Loita hills
- Soit Ololol Escarpment
- Talek and Mara River – famous for lots of the hippos and crocodiles
- Rhinos of Ol Choro
- Dupoto Forest – a walk through an indigenous Maasai forest
- Leganishu hills which stands at 2,191 meters above sea level